Become a Youth Support Worker
Are you interested in working with young people to develop their skills and confidence to enable them to succeed?
Are you ready for the challenge of working with diverse groups of young people and supporting those who are at risk?
YC Hertfordshire has Youth Support Worker posts available in most districts and boroughs across the County, in late afternoon and evening projects.
As part of a team you will work with young people to enable them to succeed by providing high quality informal education opportunities to promote their personal and social development.
You will deliver programmes providing young people with the opportunity to learn new skills, develop their confidence and self-esteem and enhance their employability, preparing them for adulthood.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic people with some experience of working with young people. We are keen to hear from those with skills, knowledge or experience in sports, arts, media, music, outdoor education, The Duke of Edinburgh Award, health issues or other areas which can be used to deliver our programmes.
YC Hertfordshire is committed to ensuring staff have the appropriate training to deliver a high quality service, therefore initial and ongoing training is provided. An essential element to this is the completion of the Certificate in Youth Work Level 2.
Team locations include:
- Broxbourne - including Cheshunt, Waltham Cross and Hoddesdon
- Dacorum - including Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Tring
- East Herts – including Hertford, Ware and Bishops Stortford
- Hertsmere - including Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey
- North Herts - including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock and Royston
- St Albans - including St Albans, London Colney, Wheathampstead and Harpenden
- Three Rivers - including Rickmansworth, South Oxhey, West Hyde and Abbotts Langley
- Welwyn Hatfield - including Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
There are vacancies in all teams.
If you have any questions about the jobs available please email yc@Hertfordshire.gov.uk or call 0300 123 3758.
To apply online visit our recruitment website.