Children Looked After and Care Leavers
This section has information about services and opportunities available to Children Looked After in Herts including children looked after by other Local Authorities
Care Leavers' Week 2018
Are you aged between 16-21 or up to 25 if you have additional needs?
YC Hertfordshire is hosting FREE events for all Hertfordshire care leavers during Care Leavers’ Week 2018 (24th-31st October 2018).
Find details of your nearest one here:
- For care leavers in the Broxbourne, East Herts and Welwyn Hatfield districts
- For care leavers in the Stevenage and North Herts districts
- For care leavers in the Watford, Three Rivers and Hertsmere districts
- For care leavers in the St Albans and Dacorum districts
Support from YC Hertfordshire
YC Hertfordshire provides youth work, information, advice, guidance and support for young people aged 13 to 19. For young people leaving care, support is provided up to the age of 21 through the YC Hertfordshire Access Points.
We offer a range of programmes to specifically support young people in care and care leavers. They run in each district and include:
- Independent living skills programmes
- Come dine with me - cooking skills programme for young people
- Chair your own review - supporting young people to direct and drive their reviews
Care Leaver Hubs
YC Hertfordshire has five Care Leaver Hubs at our One Stop Shops across the county. Care leavers aged 16-21 can join a one-year project which supports them to become more independent in all areas of their lives. Find full details of the Care Leaver Hubs here.
Access more information and resources for young people in care and leaving care.