Positive Alternatives to gang involvement
Positive Alternatives is a YC Hertfordshire programme for 11-17 year olds who are at risk of becoming involved with gangs and violent crimes. It focuses on risks and consequences.
The +Alt programme runs during term-time over ten weeks, and during the summer holidays over two weeks. The summer programme also includes sports and music sessions.
All programmes include ten dynamic and interactive workshop sessions which focus on:
- identity and belonging
- gang culture
- stereotypes and gender
- county lines
- knife crime and reducing use of weapons
There will also be discussions on healthy relationships, sexual health, drugs and alcohol, social media and Citizen Aid.
You can refer a young person to this programme, particularly if they are:
- not in employment, education or training
- persistently absent and/or excluded from school or an Educational Support Centre
- at risk of criminal exploitation
- at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation
- experiencing poor mental health
If you are a young person who wants to find out more about this programme please email us at email@example.com call us on 0300 123 7538.