If you’re a young person in care or a care leaver, you can attend any YCH project appropriate to your age. You can also get individual one-to-one support through our Access Points. To help us keep everyone safe during COVID-19, please call, text or email to make an appointment before visiting.
If you are a care leaver or preparing to leave care, you can get free support to help you become more independent and confident in all areas of your life. We will help you identify your goals in life and focus on how you can achieve them.
At the YCH Cheshunt Access Point you can get free and confidential information, advice and support – including on the following:
- Sexual health including:
- Free condoms through the Condom Wallet Scheme
- Free chlamydia testing
- Free pregnancy testing
- Advice on general health and relationships
- Education and exams, including exam pressure
- Drugs, substance misuse and alcohol
- Jobs and careers
- Youth work projects and programmes
- Benefits and finance
- Housing and homelessness
- Improving resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Relationships including family and friendships
- Training and apprenticeships
- Independent living skills
We also have computers that you can use for research, developing CVs, searching for jobs and training and accessing other information.
Cheshunt Young People's Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Venue: Cheshunt Young People’s Centre, The Drill Hall, 178 Crossbrook Street, Cheshunt EN8 8JY
Age Range: 13-21
Timing and Repeats:
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 2pm–5pm
Booking Info: Booking always needed